InTime Logistics Achieves 14% Revenue Growth through Innovation
Scalefocus developed Focus Courier, a custom, mobile-friendly ERP system, and MyInTime, a client-facing web portal for InTime, a leading Bulgarian logistics company. Both products automate a variety of business processes, including invoice management, reporting, and delivery tracking. As a result of the partnership and the delivered solutions, yearly revenue increased by a significant margin and both internal and external stakeholders have benefitted from an increase in efficiency.
Alignment of all business processes
Measurable increase in customer satisfaction
Reduced requests processing times
InTime is a logistics company founded in 1990 that since its inception has been an authorized service contractor for UPS in Bulgaria. The company has 35 offices nationally that service the entire country and is a pioneer in express domestic courier services. The company delivers packages entirely using its own vehicles, offering a wide-range of services and flexible transit times. For its international business InTime uses daily charter planes and guarantees fast service abroad.
MyInTime Web Portal
InTime’s legacy web portal was slow, not integrated with the enterprise planning system and lacked business-critical features. As a result, user experience was poor, and most clients placed their orders by email or over the phone. This meant InTime had to employ more people to meet the growing demand. After careful consideration, they turned to Scalefocus to develop a state-of-the-art web portal that would accommodate business needs and help them regain their competitiveness.
Scalefocus developed MyInTime an interactive, flexible, self-service web portal that enables customers to book a courier, track packages, manage invoices and payments, generate bills of lading and import orders from files generated by 3rd party systems. The deployment of the web portal increased customer satisfaction exponentially by introducing new features, improving existing ones and reducing booking time. Internally, it reduced the order processing time which in turn led to reduced costs and better performance.
Focus Courier ERP
InTime made a strategic decision to improve the company’s performance by increasing its market share in the B2B and B2C segments. The goal was to improve the quality of services and increase customer satisfaction to boost loyalty. They needed a custom-made solution that wouldn’t alter their designated business processes and one that would automate the largest part of the shipment management process.
The company’s legacy software and IT infrastructure required a large sustained investment to meet dynamic business needs, making it complex to develop new functionality with day-to-day support costs continuously growing. In cooperation with Scalefocus, InTime decided to develop a new upgraded technology platform that would ensure:
- High customization to address the specific business processes since financial investment was directed towards implementing the company’s own workflows rather than modifying them to fit a standard ERP
- A long platform life through standardization and openness, seamless integration, horizontal scalability, infrastructure independence and secure multi-layered deployment
Scalefocus developed Focus Courier—a framework for logistics and shipping companies. Our team of experts developed, customized, integrated and implemented all core Focus Courier business processes including:
- Flexible branch management
- End-to-end processing of bills of lading
- End-to-end tracking of shipments – from the ordering process to delivery
- Creation, processing and exchange of all applicable financial documents
- Management of transportation routes and schedules
- Real-time and analytical reports enabling timely business insights
- Exhaustive management of clients and contracts, including customer-specific pricing and campaign management
Scalefocus created two technological solutions especially tailored to InTime’s needs and eliminated the issues caused by the employment of legacy tools, such as high costs and unmet KPIs. As a company dealing with transportation of items of various shapes, sizes and fragility levels, it was important for InTime to have a systems in place which help them take care of all business aspects simultaneously. MyInTime was integrated with Focus Courier to streamline customer information and provide better overview of client behavior to improve services. Both MyInTime and Focus Courier are highly scalable applications and are based on the same architecture.
Value delivered by InTime Web Portal
- Increased customer satisfaction
- Reduced personnel costs
- Faster, more precise and reliable services
- Streamlined customer data
Value delivered by Focus Courier ERP
- Simplification and alignment of the business processes across the company
- Improved processing of return receipts and payments
- Improved new customer onboarding and campaign management
- Increased customization of services with the option to define contracts and T&C
- Reduced costs by cutting down shipment requests processing times
- Reduced operational risk with preventive monitoring and maintenance capabilities
“The Scalefocus business solution tailored for InTime helped increase revenue by 14% year-over-year. We were able to optimize our operating costs. Some of the most useful features for us are the optimized bill of lading management process, the mobile terminal barcode scanner integration and the extensive reports/insights on important business KPIs, such as payment on delivery cash flows.”
Atanas Belopitov, Financial Manager at InTime
We have a global client base that includes Fortune 500 companies, innovative startups and industry leaders in Information Technology, E-Commerce, Insurance, Healthcare, Finance and Energy & Utilities.